Indian Government has planned for new way of payment for regular transaction after its historical decision of demonetization of 500 and 1000 Rs notes. That is “Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS)”.
What is Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS)?
Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) allows bank-to-bank transaction at PoS (MicroATM). Using this, user can check account balance, cash withdraw, Cash Deposits and Aadhaar to Aadhaar fund transfer.
What are things needed for AEPS?
First of all, you just need to link your Aadhaar card to your account. Once you link your aadhaar card, you are ready to use it at PoS/MicroATM.
- Go to MicroATM/PoS (PoS is used by merchant where customers can pay to merchant/vendor/shopkeeper)
- Provide your Bank name and Aadhaar number
- Choose which transaction to do
- Scan your fingers/thumb on scanner
- On successful transaction, you can take the slip
- Transaction is completed
This way, you don’t need any card or don’t need to remember any PIN for transaction. You just need know Aadhaar card number and need to carry your hands with you :).