(You can consider this review for models like SC18Sky5, SC18Sky4, SC18Sky3, SC12Sky5, SC12Sky4, SC12Sky3)
I was looking for AC in my parent room. Room size was around 130 sqft and had one window which has direct sunlight. After researching lots of blogs and specs, I decided to go to 1.5 Ton AC for my parent room.
As I was looking for budget AC, I had choice like Onida, Videocon, 1.2 ton Hitachi and Panasonic. All other brands like O’General, Daikin, Blue star are on higher ranges. I have zeroed to Panasonic for few reasons especially it comes under my budget (below 40K and good after sales service).
I have choose to go to SC18SKY5 (5 Stars) AC with fixed speed. (Fixed speed means it doesn’t have inverter. I am sure you must have heard about Inverter AC and this is you can non-inverter AC. Inverter AC can save power around 20% then standard fix speed AC. In other hand, they are more costly and may required more maintenance in future.)
Review after usage of a week.
- It has so good outdoor unit. Yes, its bit bigger but that makes it more efficient.
- Noise is so low 0f both unit. Indoor unit sounds like fan at speed of 4 and similarly outdoor unit is not making noise.
- Nono-G technology : I dont think we can see any benefit of having it or not.
- It really cools very well. I have 150 sqft room and it takes 7 to 10 mins for comfortable cooling and just 5 mins if you use powerful mode. (I am considering this when we have 44 degree temperature outside our home and I had kept 24 degree in AC.)
- Remote and display on AC are like what we see in older version of ACs but it have all required things, so no issue in that case.
- Just for info : It doesn’t have technology to check temperature from remote and follow me option which comes in bit higher range of ACs.
I am going to add my review of this AC here daily. Please watch this space for detailed review.