[How to] Check PF (Provident Fund) Balance Online in India
If you are government employee or employed by Private Firm in India, you can check your provident Fund Balance Online through Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation Website.
You can find your PF Balance at http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/, a web portal managed under Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India.
You can follow below steps to know your PF Balance.
2) Select PF Office State. For Example : Maharashtra. (See below image.)
3) After selecting state, page will list out available EPFO office in selected State. Click on your EPFO Office name.
4) Clicking on your PF office name will show “Member Balance Information” (see below image).
5) In above screen, you can enter your PF account details. Here you will see first two autofilled up textbox for Employee PF Account number. Now, you need to enter remaining three boxes (3rd, 4th and 5th) of “Employee PF Account number“.
- 3rd textbox is for Establishment code – Maximum 7 Digits,
- 4th textbox is for Extension – Maximum 3 Characters / Can be left blank in case no extension
- 5th textbox is for your Account Number – Maximum 7 Digits
Now, suppose your PF number in salary slip is MH/456895/488 then your establishment code is 456895 and your account number is 488. If you don’t have extension number, you can leave 4th textbox as blank. (see above screenshot.)
6) Give your name as per your EPF Slip and enter your current mobile number.
7) Check Agree button and click on Submit button. You will receive SMS from EPFO in a few mins.
SMS Format will be as below.
EPF Balance in A/c No. <Your Account Number> is EE Amt : Rs XXXX, ER Amount : Rs. YYYY as on <last PF Date> (Accounts updated upto 31-03-<year>)
If above steps doesn’t work then check FAQ and if not answered then better visit EPFO office.
Please rate this blog below and let me know if this info helped you. Your comment is appreciated. You can subscribe us below to get more useful info like this.